Society for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (SINE), is an umbrella organization at IIT Bombay for fostering entrepreneurship and nurturing tech start-ups. SINE, is a technology business incubator providing ‘Start to Scale’ support for technology-based startups/innovators and facilitates the conversion of research activity into entrepreneurial ventures with a focus towards economic growth across sectors. Established in the year 2004, SINE has completed 15 successful years and has gained recognition as one of the pioneers of the startup incubation ecosystem in India. SINE has been recognized as:
• Centre of Excellence (CoE) by Department of Science and Technology (DST),GOI.
• Bio Inucbator (BIONEST) & Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) partner by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) & Department of Biotechnology (DBT)-GOI
• Mentor for upcoming incubators- TIDE program by MeitY-GOI (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) SINE regularly implements new programs in collaboration with Government, Industry/corporate and Academia. It has also expanded its scope of activities with cross border entrepreneurial programs.
As an incubator we bring differentiation in the following ways
• We focus on building soft skill and providing business support to the startups
• We have a unique revenue model that allows us to be self-sustainable
• We are a broadspectrum technology incubator incubating technologies across multiple technology domains for a period of 3 years
• Our internal screening and selection process has enabled us to have a success ratio of 75.6% whereas outside the incubator 9 out of 10 startups fail.
SINE’s practices have been referred to /emulated in academic and R&D institutions across the country.